fltk 2, x11 libs, which are needed? (ubuntu)
Vitaliy
2011-02-15 21:23:19 UTC
Have a question.. What exactly X11 libs do fltk2 need?
I type configure and have an error:
_
checking for X... no
configure: error: Configure could not find required X11 libraries
_

Thx for your attention :-)
Vitaliy
Installed xorg-dev and that solved my problem :-)
i***@public.gmane.org
2011-02-15 22:20:12 UTC
Post by Vitaliy
Post by Vitaliy
Have a question.. What exactly X11 libs do fltk2 need?
_
checking for X... no
configure: error: Configure could not find required X11 libraries
_
Thx for your attention :-)
Installed xorg-dev and that solved my problem :-)
You probably want the dev packages for OpenGL, png, zlib and jpeg too,
if they are not already installed.
Note that ubuntu tends not to install the dev packages by default, so if
you have not added them already, they will probably be missing.
Albrecht Schlosser
2011-02-16 10:13:46 UTC
Post by Vitaliy
Have a question.. What exactly X11 libs do fltk2 need?
I see that your question has been answered already.

Anyway, why are you using FLTK 2? Although we do proceed with
bug fixes again (thanks to Ben), this is still alpha state and
has never been released. Unless you have special needs to use
FLTK 2, you should consider using FLTK 1.3 instead (the current
officially developed and supported version).

Albrecht